Wednesday, August 04, 2004

the dream job

I watched Office Space with some people in the house last night. You know when the main character asks if you had a million dollars, meaning you don't have to work for money, what would you do? I almost surprised myself by how quickly I knew my answer: I'd write. Books, columns, op-eds, poetry, anything. And in my spare time I'd be a photographer. In fact I could easily write the first chapters of my autobiography right now. Although it's not in any particular order or style, I already have a lot of material on paper and on my computer. Maybe I'll write volume 1 while I'm in Japan.

The only thing is it took me a week to finally let friends know about this blogspot page, and once the email was sent I was still worried about their responses to it all and actually thought about deleting a couple of my posts. Of course I realize the entire internet world can read all of this, but the only reactions that matter to me are those of family and friends. And most of this stuff doesn't even compare to what I'd write in my real journal and in an autobiography... As amazing as it would be to get something published, I don't know if I'm ready to let everyone in. But if I don't then what's the point in writing anything?

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Loo said...

I'm seriously feeling your "Daily Musings". Girl, you have an INTERESTING life ... no lie. It's like reading a suspense novel or something. Keep the musings coming ... especially in Japan.

P.S. Don't forget chinwe.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home