Thursday, July 29, 2004

swimming or work

A couple of weeks ago I got a second job. I wasn't really looking for one...My job #1 boss had to find someone asap and the project happened to be for one of my favorite japanese sensei who really wanted a japanese/chinese student to do the job. So all I had to do was say yes by email. Actually I got my first job pretty easily too. I went to the office one morning, filled out an application, had an interview, was hired, trained, and started working all in less than an hour and a half.

Many times this summer I wanted to quit my 6hr per week job so it's actually hard to believe that I'd take on a second job. But nothing's better than setting your own hours. I schedule job #2 around my favorite swimming time for that day :) I have my own security cards and keys so some days I come in at 11am, others at 6pm. I work as long as I want and I don't have to report to anyone. I just have to finish the project: After scanning/editing them, I use photoshop and imageready to create short calligraphy animations of about 200 chinese characters. Not only is it fun, it's also helping me (re)learn some chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home