Saturday, July 31, 2004

fairytale wedding

I delayed my departure to Japan for my brother's wedding. The date was changed by 2 weeks because they finally got the reception hall they originally wanted. Luckily all this time my ticket to Japan has just been on hold because of the VISA application. And so all I had to do was ask my research director if I could arrive later.

If I couldn't make it to the wedding though I'm sure my brother would think it was the end of the world. Sometimes I'm amazed by how strong his family ties are. And he's so kind and genuine, even when he was a thug :), that it's hard to say no to him. So although I was very against the engagement, my brother still insisted that all his sisters be bridesmaids and if I wasn't able to change my ticket I would've atleast made a sincere effort to come back for the wedding.

When he first told me about her I honestly thought he was joking. Then I spent several months hurting his feelings, questioning his reasons for wanting to marry her. Asking him how he knew he was in love because I just couldn't comprehend it. I was a bit superficial and didn't understand what his attraction to her was. But she's a very caring, down-to-earth person. And they've been living together for almost 3 years now and have known each other as neighbors/friends since middle school. They even take turns cooking dinner. Maybe there aren't fireworks, I don't think they'll ever be crazy in love with each other but they seem to work well together. I have no doubt they'll have a long happy marriage. I guess I just wanted him to have that good ol' fairy tale love. Maybe I'm just worried that if he, and several other friends and family, couldn't find it then I might have to settle too.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Loo said...

Deep ... very deep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home