Sunday, March 09, 2008

Baby Shower

I was truly surprised when i ended up at a restaurant (tiffany`s on the blvd) one saturday back in february and there was my baby shower...every day prior to feb 16th i just knew my shower would be either at my mom`s or my aunt`s...i would pop over my mom`s house (coming from school or driving from home (yes i was still driving up until 2days before i gave birth, shopping at the new target with my sister). I`d complain to my sisters that they should start cleaning the house for my baby shower, tell them not to upset/stress my mom before my shower, and ask them when they were going food shopping for the shower. I felt pretty confident about the date of the shower and so when my brother suggested that we go out for a late lunch for his belated birthday i was trying to act like i didnt know he was just picking me up for the baby shower but when he kept calling giving me later pick-up times and then got lost coming to my house, i was almost ready to say "stop playing...you`re going to make me late for my own baby shower". He and his wife were still stalling when they finally picked me up and wanted to come inside and chat about planning for the baby and other baby stuff. When we got into the car my sister in law asked me where i wanted to eat and i said doesnt really matter i`m starving and she suggested tiffany`s and i said ok (what if i had said the olive garden?). As soon as she said tiffany`s, a light bulb went off in my head, i remembered a friend from school talking about my baby shower and about to give the details to another girl and i thought i heard her say tiffany but i assumed i heard wrong and in any case never would have guessed she meant a restaurant.

It was so much fun, so many people, so many gifts, so many laughs...i was really surprised by how much stuff we got for the baby: 4in1 crib (picked up later), bassinette, pack n play w/ bassinette and changing table, bouncers, swing, travel swing, bath tub, mobiles, diaper bags, lots of clothes, lots of blankets/bibs/, bath products, diapers, diaper organizer, wipe warmers, handmade baskets (filled with announcements, albums, frames, scrapbooks, baby books, clothes), cash, gift cards etc etc It was great! A few of my great aunts came and cousins that i had not seen in years...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home